Lunch today is Wild Garlic & Potato Soup.
James Durrant, Head Chef of The Thatch, is sharing what he’s cooking at home during this time. Mostly using ingredients he has around the house (wild garlic was a leftover from work treat).
Nothing Cheffy, just good home-cooked food.
- Sweat off the garlic and onion in the butter. Cook until soft
- Peel and dice the potato (roughly size of a dice), add to the pan and season with salt and pepper as you go
- Boil the kettle and dissolve the stock cube in 3L of water. Add to the pan
- Bring to the boil, and simmer until potato is cooked through
- Pick and wash the wild garlic and parsley
- Take the pan off the heat and add the parsley and garlic. Stir, and blitz straight away (being careful as the soup may burst out the top of the blender if it’s too hot)
- Blitz until smooth and check seasoning
Follow James on Instagram – over at @chefjames90