Come and enjoy dipping your own strawberries in delicious chocolate sauce and chantilly cream!
Nothing says British Summertime, quite like a freshly picked, sweet Patisserie Strawberry. This year they’ve been picked from berry specialist growers Tim Stockwell and his wife Alice.
Here are a couple of reasons, if you haven’t tried them already, why you should soon…
- Patisserie strawberries grown for their full bodied flavour and texture. They have a lovely sweet taste, much like the essence of Summer.
- These potent little packages protect your heart, increase HDL (good) cholesterol, lower your blood pressure, and guard against cancer.
- Packed with vitamins, fibre, and particularly high levels of antioxidants known as polyphenols, strawberries are a sodium-free, fat-free, cholesterol-free, low-calorie food.
- Angus Soft Fruits was established in 1994 by three growers – Lochy Porter, his father Willie and cousin, James Gray. The business has expanded, and work in collaboration with over 50 like-minded growers globally, for year round supply. These growers include Tim Stockwell and his wife Alice, who have been farming in Crail, since 1990.
- The business is incredibly passionate about delivering great tasting fruit so, in addition to growing and packing berries, they also breed new varieties of strawberries, raspberries and blackberries.
- The team continually challenge themselves to improve the environmental impact of the business. An internal team is in place to focus on all areas of sustainability, with the farm utilising as much crop as possible, offering misshapen fruit and thus minimising food waste.
- Investing in renewable systems –Stockwell has built water storages to save rain water and have planted additional woodlands, hedgerows and windbreaks in order to enhance their farming practices and environments as much as possible.
- Another recent development is the trial of new punnets which are made of an alternative to plastic.
Delicious dipped into chocolate or chantilly cream, topped off with buttery, crumbly shortbread biscuits.Join us in your local for British Strawberries & Chantilly Cream, Monday 17th June – Sunday 17th July. Just in time for Wimbledon, dip your own Summer Serve before it’s too late.