Peach Pubs Food & Drink Quiz
For those who would like to play at home, or over video call, here are the questions. Click here for the answers at the end.
- One and a half litres of champagne is known as a what?
- You throw away the outside and cook the inside. Then you eat the outside and throw away the inside. What is it?
- Autumn King, Figaro and St Valery are all varieties of which vegetable?
- Which ‘T’ is a Greek yoghurt containing cucumber?
- Tempura is a fish or vegetables deep fried in batter best associated with which country?
- In Indian cooking, what is a Tandoori?
- In French cooking, which ‘S’ is a dish of eggs whisked and baked?
- Oysters Kilpatrick is a dish best associated with which country?
- Mocha is a coffee usually flavoured with which substance?
- In Italy, what is a Mortadella?
- Ribera del Duero is an important wine-producing area in the north of which country?
- What is a Bedfordshire clanger?
- If you were having a cocktail of cognac, orange liqueur, and lemon juice, what would it be called? a) Sidecar b) Woowoo c) Harvey Wallbanger
- What is a quandong?
- As of 2013 which country was the largest producer of tea?
- What type of fruit is a Banana? a) Drupe b) Pepo c) Berry
- A Pentland Javelin is a what?
- The cocktail of vodka, spicy ginger beer and lime juice if known as a Moscow what?
- Wiener Schnitzel, a national dish of Austria, is what type of meat?
- Considered the national dish of Belgium, what is Moules-frites?
- Feijoada is a stew of beans with beef and pork of Portuguese origin, but is now considered a national dish of which large country?
- Poutine, often referred to as Canada’s national dish, consists of french fries and gravy, and which other ingredient?
- What is the main seasoning of Goulash, one of the national dishes of Hungary?
- Enchiladas originated in which country?
- Bubble and Squeak is better known as meat, cabbage and which vegetable?
- Blinis are stuffed pancakes best associated with which country?
- In French cooking, what does ‘en Croute’ mean?
- Which ‘C’ is a thick fish or seafood soup?
- Which ‘P’ is a quill-shaped Italian pasta?
- Literally meaning ‘whirlpool’, which German desert is thin sheet of rolled up dough baked?